What is Food Intolleranace
Test A food intollerance test is a process carried out to determine the factors causing difficulty in digestion of certain foods, thus experiencing gastrointestinal disturbances.
When certain ingredients are not broken down, food intollerance may occur. Food intollerance is rarely dangerous and re related to the digestive system.
How to Know You Have Food Intollerance
Food intollerance have some common symptoms with food allergy.
Here are some of the indications that will help you know that you have food intollerance.
– After eating, the symptoms occur for a few hours
– symptoms are limited to digestive issues
– symptoms are not life threatening
– the amount of food eaten determine the severity of the symptoms
Symptoms of Food Intollerance
– Stomach pain
Causes of food intollerance
Here are some common causes:
– Celiac disease is caused by a gluten allergy, although it has no risk of anaphylaxis
– Lack of enzymes to digest food
– Sensitivity to food preservatives and additives
– Bacterial overgrowth and chronic infections
Even though food intollerance is not harmful, you need to visit a professional doctor to help differentiate it from food allergy. The specialist will carry a food intollerance test to help you eliminate certain foods from your diet.